Hang up your Halloween costumes and pull out your winter coats, we’re heading into the colder months. This month we have collected Kidspiration®, Inspiration® and InspireData® lesson plan ideas and examples ranging from reading guides to recycling lessons and Thanksgiving Day activities. So as the leaves change colors and fall to the ground, incorporate some of the following ideas into your classroom.
11/1 Good Nutrition Month, National Author’s Day and National Family Literacy Day
- It’s Good Nutrition Month, teach your students about healthy food with a web in Inspiration.
- This month, teach your students the different food groups with an activity in Kidspiration for Good Nutrition Month.
- Teach your students to write an author’s critical review in Inspiration for National Author’s Day this November 1st.
- Help your students see an author’s purpose with an activity in Kidspiration November 1st for National Author’s Day.
- Do an activity about the author in Inspiration for National Author’s Day November 1st.
- Teach vocales in Espagnol with Inspiration on National Family Literacy Day November 1st.
11/2 U.S.A. Election Day
- Compare past presidential candidates with an activity in Inspiration November 2nd for the U.S.A. Election Day.
11/8 Children’s Book Week
- Celebrate Children’s Book Week the second week in November with a book report in Inspiration and a poster in Kidspiration.
11/14 National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
- Teach about the invention of the refrigerator in Inspiration November 11th for Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day.
11/15 America Recycles Day and Pack Your Mom Lunch Day
- Teach an environmental cause and effect activity in Kidspiration November 15th for America Recycles Day.
- On America Recycles Day November 15th, teach a unit on trash and recycling in Kidspiration.
- Help your fourth graders understand the causes and effects of pollution in Kidspiration on America Recycles Day November 15th.
- On Pack Your Mom Lunch Day November 15th, do an activity in Kidspiration about preparation for school and work.
11/17 National Young Reader’s Day
- Do a book summary in Kidspiration for National Young Reader’s Day this November 17th.
11/18 William Tell Day
- Do a Patriots and Loyalists sort in Inspiration November 18th for William Tell Day.
11/22 Stop the Violence Day
- Learn about what caused World War I in Inspiration November 22nd for Stop the Violence Day.
11/25 Thanksgiving Day
- Conduct a survey in InspireData for Thanksgiving Day this November 25th.
- Do a “Turkey, What Do You See?” activity in Kidspiration November 25th for Thanksgiving Day.
- Create a “Giving Thanks Photo” in Kidspiration for Thanksgiving Day November 25th.
- Practice Thanksgiving Day vocabulary in Kidspiration this November 25th.
- Give thanks with a drawing and a paragraph in Kidspiration November 25th for Thanksgiving Day.
- Do a Thanksgiving comparison activity in Kidspiration November 25th.
Thanks for stopping by!
Thinkspiration Ambassador, Inspiration Software