What's New in Inspiration
September 2012 - Inspiration 9.1
With Inspiration 9.1, you can now move your Inspiration diagrams and outlines between your desktop and your iPad!*
- Use your existing Inspiration documents on the iPad
- Makes it easy to integrate iPads into your classroom curriculum
- Continue working even when iPads are not available, but a laptop or desktop is.
- New “Export iPad Inspiration Maps…” command allows you to export Inspiration documents into a format that Inspiration Maps on the iPad can read
- New “Import iPad Inspiration Maps…” command allows you to import Inspiration Maps documents into Inspiration on your desktop
*requires Inspiration Maps for iPad Version 1.2 or higher, available in the App Store.
If you already have Inspiration 9, download your free update to 9.1.
February 2010 - Inspiration 9
Achieve more across the curriculum with Inspiration 9
For 21st century students, success depends on strong reading, writing, critical thinking and organizational skills, along with the ability to retain information, understand complex content and communicate knowledge effectively. In every subject and across a wide spectrum of projects, Inspiration® 9 provides an essential framework for thinking -- helping students achieve more as they comprehend, create and communicate knowledge successfully.
More visual learning support for reading, writing and thinking in Diagram View
- Select from more symbol images that support curriculum content.
- Lock symbols while developing templates to ensure they aren't moved or deleted by students.
- Use Linking Phrases to easily explain relationships between ideas while creating concept maps.
- Add new topic and subtopic branches with one click.
- Rearrange and graft ideas to other branches by simply dragging them into place.
- Add a note to any topic to expand upon your ideas.
- Differentiate and emphasize ideas and groups using symbol images, colors and fonts.
- Instantly transform your mind map into an outline to develop your writing.
More organizing, outlining and writing capabilities added to Outline View
- Make visual connections in Outline View by showing or hiding symbols and Linking Phrases.
- Take multiple topics and make them one topic using Combine Topics.
- Use Break Apart to divide one long topic with multiple ideas into separate topics.
- Use Word Count to meet word and page count requirements.
- Develop slides from content and snapshot graphics automatically generated from your Diagram, Map and Outline Views.
- Add, duplicate, reorder and delete slides and talking points to expand your presentation and communicate your message effectively.
- Use ready-made professional background themes to create visually appealing presentations.
- Change background colors and font styles or add graphic backgrounds to create your own custom theme styles.
- Choose from different slide layouts to best communicate your key points and visual content.
- Communicate visually by adding graphics from your computer and the Internet. Create your own snapshots from your diagram or mind map.
- Add impact to your talking points by including videos and sounds that play directly from your presentation.
- Clarify your points of view and support your message by adding hyperlinks and speaker notes.
- Use slide transitions and reveal talking points individually to engage your audience.
- Print your slides in various formats (with or without speaker notes) for handouts including 3x5 and 4x6 cards.
FREE Inspiration Presenter, available on the Inspiration 9 install CD and downloadable online:
- Play your presentation directly from Inspiration 9 or from any Windows® or Macintosh® computer.
- Present using a single screen or take advantage of speaker monitor support that shows speaker notes and other presenter information.
- Run your presentation automatically with the Auto-Play option.